SPRING TIME IN NEWLANDS SINCE 1820
When Pieter Visagie chose a river-side brewery for the clean, clear waters that flowed from the mountain side, he couldn't have known that time would serve to build a suburb and two stadiums on its slopes. Yet, the legendary spring water still bubbles up to this day, as crystal clear and pure as ever.
It's always gone against our grain to use anything but the finest 100% pure natural Newlands spring water in every one of our legendary beers. And it always will.
Of course history is written on the pages of legend, like the traditions of our legendary beers. The taste of tradition, our beer is the toast of legends and, at the end of the day, more refreshing than pure mountain water.
SPRING WATER COLLECTION
Newlands Brewery has built a spring water collection point on the corner of Letterstedt Road and Main Road, Newlands, where members of the public can come to collect spring water, free of charge. The collection point is open 24 hours a day.
Please note the following:
* The area is monitored by CCTV for security purposes and for the compliance of the National Water Act, 1998 (Act 36 of 1998).
* The water resource is not meant for commercial use (which includes, but not limited to, car washes, Bed & Breakfasts, restaurants, automobile companies, factories, water sellers etc.). Anyone found collecting water for commercial purposes without authorization issued by the National Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) will be reported and could face consequences as stipulated in the National Water Act, 1998 (Act 36 of 1998).
* DWS recommends a daily limit of 25l per person. Please be considerate to others waiting.
* The quality of water is not guaranteed – Consumption of this water is at your own risk.
* Any person abusing this privilege will be banned from entering this collection facility.